Sunday, February 24, 2019

"My mind is wide open and I'm ready to start" - Ready to Start by Arcade Fire

Day One!

Hello again! It's been a long time since I last posted, so here is an update about what's going on...
This week, we are officially starting our work for our Foundation Portfolio Project.  Although I did some research on Health and Food magazines earlier on in the year, I'm still not certain about what kind of magazine I want to make.  Right now I'm leaning more towards a Music magazine because I love music.

I also think that producing a music magazine will be easier for me since I am really interested in that magazine genre.  Since I have my own band, I would be able to my cover page about them and write an article about them as my main story. I want to my article to talk about the formation of the band.  It would be an exclusive interview with a new "up-and-coming" artist.

My band formed over four years ago.  We all took classes at The Hit Music Studio, learning different instruments.  The studio then organized us (Gabe, Soleil, Estefania, Braina, Sarai, and me) into a band and we have been performing together ever since.  We get to pick the songs that we perform but the studio gets final say over what we play at the concerts, making sure that the songs are appropriate.  Sometime, the studio pushes us into performing popular songs that people are hearing on the radio but majority of the time, we are let up to our own devices.  All of my band mates love alternative rock genre, which is why I am leaning towards making my magazine.

Even though I'm not sure what direction my project is headed in, I'm excited to see how it goes!
Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment