Sunday, March 10, 2019

Feedback Time!

So today in class, we did a Foundation Portfolio Peer Feedback Session.  It was actually really helpful and I got to see my own project from different perspectives.

My group was helpful when it came to ideas for articles. One of the girls in my group, Mariana, said that music magazines tend to have stories about how bands and artists first got their shot to stardom.  If the artists are already well established, then the articles will be about how the artist is making a comeback or activities that the band does to keep their name out in circulation.  Since my band doesn't have their own music video and aren't really well known to the public, I should do an article about how the band first formed and how they got to the point they are at today.

One thing that I hadn't realized was that I had to take myself out of the band in order to take photos and do the interview for the magazine.  Since I am in the band, I didn't really think about not being in the interview and the pictures, but it makes the most sense for me to remove myself from the band (at least for the purpose of the magazine) and take the pictures myself.

Another aspect that my group brought up was the issue of how I am going to do my photo shoot.  I don't really have access to a professional studio, taking my pictures will become really hard.  Before today's session, I really wanted to do a shot like the cover of Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.  I wanted my bandmates to stand in a line, surrounded almost completely in darkness.  After feedback today I realize that even though I might have put a lot of thought and planning into my magazine, my choice may not be practical in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment