Sunday, March 3, 2019

"Everyone know I'm in over my head" - Over My Head by The Fray

Status Update on Me... I'v been a little busy

Hey, blog! I'm sorry I haven't been posting for the last few days.  Since Thursday morning, I've been at the state's conference for my business club, DECA.  January through April is considered to be DECA competition season and this year I placed 1st in the District and had the opportunity to go to states.  I have competed in the same category of Buying and Merchandising Team Decision Making with my partner, Taylor F., for the last four years.  We had gone to States three times and Internationals twice but never placed internationally so this was our last year to make it count.

For the competition, I had to take a 100-question marketing test and do a business role play with Taylor.  For the role play, we were given thirty minutes to come up with a solution to a problem at a company and present it to a judge, who is suppose to be the president of said company.

Guess what...WE WON! Not only did we win, but we placed 1st in the State. AND both Taylor and I were recognized as having the highest test scores and role-play scores out of all those who competed in our category at states!!! I'm so happy and proud of us! Talk about ending Senior year with a bang!

Anyway, the reason why I am mentioning this is because even though I was hard at work competing, I was also working on magazine research over the weekend.  However,  I did not have time to post so I am about to go on a posting spree. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment