Sunday, March 31, 2019

It's All About the Content

Table of Contents

Now let me tell you about my table of content.  I mentioned earlier last week that because of the time constraints of the photoshoot, I didn't get the picture that I wanted for my table of contents.  What I ended up doing was texting my guitarist, Soleil ( Purple shirt on the left depicted in the picture above) and asked her if she could take a couple shots of her guitar and give them to me.  I didn't specify that I wanted her electric guitar so she took pictures with her acoustic but it was ok because I fell in love with one of the photos she gave me (which ended up being my table of content page.)
 I stayed up all night a couple days ago making it. I enjoyed making it so much! I just couldn't stop working until it was done but I'm really happy with the way that it came out. In terms of the actual content, I looked at what other music magazines did and how they set it up.  For instance, I noticed that most magazines within my genre limited their table of content to one page, so I did the same.  The main reason for this being that music magazines are not very lengthy and tend to be capped around forty pages.
Originally, I didn't want the content in DISTORTION to be about gossip about artists.  I wanted my magazine to be more about the music and the artists, not about learning about an artist's drug addiction problem or their problems in their personal lives. However, I noticed that almost all music magazines included it.  Gossip about artists is what appeals to my audience so therefore, I had to include it into my magazine.
Here's what I came up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment